In order to batch import products and URLs to Prisync, you'll need to have your data stored in an Excel file.
Under the batch import function, you have two main options:
- Adding new products and URLs to your account
- Adding just new URLs to existing products in your Prisync account
You can download the templates of these processes below.
You can also see what these templates look like from the screenshots below:
*adding new products and URLs template:
As you can see from the image above, in this template, you have 7 pre-defined columns for your product information; Name, Product Code, Barcode, Product Cost, Brand, Category, and Tags. Please note that brand and category fields are obligatory and if you don't have the information for these, you can write "No Brand" and "No Category" to these fields. If you leave Name, Brand, or Category information blank, the product will not be imported. Apart from the product information, you can also put your own URLs and your competitor URLs under different columns. The image above shows just 4 columns (G, H, I, J) for the competitors but you can add an unlimited number of competitors to the next columns if needed.
*adding new competitor URLs to existing products template:
In this second template above, you have a list of the products you have in your account and the purpose of this template is to add new URLs to these products. So, you can add new URLs starting from column F without changing any information from the first four columns ( product_id, product_name, sku_code & barcode ). If you want to add more than one new competitor URL, you can continue with F, G, and the next columns. If you change Product ID, Name or SKU information in the original list your URLs will not be imported for the altered product.
In case you want to update your costs, you can also change them in this template and they'll be also updated after the import process.
The things to pay attention to during an import process:
While adding new products:
- If you have the same product more than once in your Excel file, only one of them will be imported. The products with the same name, same SKU code, same brand, and same category information are accepted as the same product. If you already have a product in your Prisync account and try to import the same one with a new import file, then the system will not import that product too.
- If you have the same URL more than once in your import file, only the first one will be imported and the others will not be imported. If you already have a URL in your Prisync account and want to import the same one with a new import file, then the system will not import that URL.
- Don't leave the name, category and brand information blank. Even if you don't use brands or categories, you should fill those columns as No Brand and No Category.
- Please be sure that you have mapped the main columns which are the name, SKU code, cost, brand, and category.
- If you don't map the competitor URL columns properly, they'll not be imported
While adding new competitor URLs to existing products:
- Be sure that you download a new product list for this purpose from this post or from your Prisync account under the batch import function
- Don't change any information from Product ID, Name, and SKU Code columns.
- You can change your costs in this template and they'll be also updated to your Prisync account
- If the cost column in this template is left blank, then the costs will be updated as zero "0".
- You cannot add the same URL more than once with this template as well.
- Please be sure that you have mapped the main columns which are the product ID, name, SKU code, and cost.
- If you don't map the competitor URL columns properly, they'll not be imported.
So, to start your import process, all you need to do is to click Batch Import button in your Prisync account under the Products page.
Then, you'll land on a page like below. From this page, you can watch the video tutorial of batch import, get the templates for this process, or you can go to help center to find more answers for your questions. You can always reach us from the live chat on the right bottom corner. From the Recent Imports section, you can also check your previous imports.
After clicking "Start Import" button, you can proceed to the next page and you will be asked to choose what kind of import process you want to perform. Please select the one that you need.
After selecting the import type, you should now upload the file that you have prepared in advance and click Next button to match your file's columns with the properties of Prisync.
Now, it's time to map the columns of your file with the properties of Prisync. Please note that you can change the names of the columns in the templates as long as you map them correctly. The Properties of Prisync are listed below:
For adding new products: Name, SKU Code, Product Cost, Brand, Category, Your Own URL, and Competitor URL.
For adding new URLs to existing products: Product ID, Name, SKU Code, Product Cost, and Competitor URL.
You need to match your own file's columns with these Prisync properties correctly to have a seamless import process. For example, you might have a column with the name of "Product Name" so that you need to match this column with the Name property. You also need to match different competitor URL columns to related Prisync properties. Please make sure you check all columns you want to import. See this example below:
After this final step, you can click the "Import" button which is placed in the bottom right corner of the page and the file will be automatically imported into your account. After the process is done, you can see the summary of your import such as how many products you have imported and how many errors you have. You can also download your import file and error&warnings file from the Actions button. See the final page below:
You can also watch the video of Prisync's batch import function below: